Best Golf Putters ……a great selection!
When you are buying a new putter the range of options available can be confusing and, if you get it wrong, your game can really suffer. Think of it in terms of buying the best golf putters.
Because of that range of options – head shape, insert type, feel and swing weight – seeking advice, checking the best golf putters on the market and testing a range of putters is extremely important if you are to find a putter that suits YOU.
Options to consider include putters with inserts that deliver a soft feel and smooth forward roll, while others rely on direct face milling that gives consistent distance control.
Remember, confidence in your putter is vital so you need to consider the following design options and personal preferences very seriously:
- What style and length of putter best matches the arc of your putting stroke
- Which head type can offer you the best results
- What weight and feel is best for you
- What Putter head shape do you prefer – Mallets can be more stable while Blades can give you a better feel
- Appearance – you must be happy with how it looks
I listed those design options above to help you when purchasing a new putter as it is very much a PERSONAL CHOICE. Therefore, the putters listed below are in no particular order or preference, but all are excellent putters.
- 100% milled from one block of soft carbon steel, producing a memorable and distinct feel at impact with super-fly mill face milling
- Classic heel-toe weighted blade with a mid-slant neck promoting a ‘locked-in’ feeling at address
- Durable and classic looking stealth black finish for a more glare-resistant appearance out in the Sun
- Made in the USA in our very own manufacturing facility, just outside of Chicago, il
- Premium Lamkin deep etch cord grip available in standard or Jumbo
This Club will suit: “Feel” players with more arc to their putting stroke who like a traditional look.
We all have different putting strokes, address positions, and club preferences. And setting up over the ball perfectly every time is nearly impossible, leading to misalignment and off-center hits.As a result, we have developed an alignment technology that allows you to correctly align your putt no matter your set up- We call it 2135.
There are too many things to worry about when you’re trying to putt to win the hole or save par – alignment doesn’t have to be one of them.
- True feel innovation
- Perfect alignment
- Regardless of address position
- New 2017 micro hinge insert technology provides incredible gains in topspin and roll at impact regardless of your stroke
- The stainless steel micro hinge plate is co-molded into our thermoplastic elastomer feel layer
- The revolutionary high contrast versa alignment technology allows your eyes to key in on the Linear designs to highlight the proper face angle from address to impact
- As the #1 putter across the major tours, we’re constantly working with the best players in the world to develop and tweak shapes for ultimate performance
- Premium super stroke no-taper super stroke grip
- Grip option 1: Superstroke Slim 2.0 with counter core technology
- Grip option 2: Superstroke Pistol GT Tour with counter core technology
TaylorMade Spider Tour Platinum putter was designed to give golfers the ultimate in stability and forgiveness at impact, which has been accomplished in a couple of ways. Most notably, perimeter weighting helps improve performance on miss-hits, while TaylorMadeaTMs proprietary Pure Roll insert combines 45-degree grooves and soft polymer to create incredible feel and topspin, the latter of which gets the ball rolling more quickly for improved distance and speed control.
The Spider Tour Platinum also features a long alignment line on the top of the putter to help people get the ball started on the correct line, and its face-balanced design will work best for players who use a straight back, straight through putting stroke or those who have minimal arc in their stroke.
Having played with both the blade and mallet type putters, my personal preference is the blade type and, from the putters reviewed above, I love this one:
Not the cheapest but it will last forever…. so, treat yourself and get it NOW!
You can now have a look at the other pages and posts here at Putting Tips For Golf…….especially best golf gifts.
I love to hear your Comments so please leave one in the box below or, if you prefer, Contact me.
Cheers for now.